Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!

I hope everyone had as blessed as a Christmas as I did. We spent lots of time with family and did lots of eating. Last week I made all easy things and it was a nice break from cooking. This week I am back and hopefully you are too, getting back into the routine of life without tons of food and dessert everywhere. Well enough talking and more cooking.

Monday- Panko crusted pork loin, apple sauce and green beans
Tuesday- Turkey artichoke panini's, baked beans
Wednesday- Pot stickers, brown rice and broccoli
Thursday- BBQ chicken pizza, salad
Friday- Asparagus goat cheese and lemon pasta

Panko Crusted Pork Loin

panko (Japanese Style) breadcrumbs
pork tenderloins (pounded thinly)
canola oil
egg (scrambled)
flour

  • Rinse pork and drudge in flour and egg
  • Dredge in panko bread crumbs
  • Fry in a little canola oil until cooked thoroughly
  • You can add some seasonings (thyme, parsley etc) if you wish, but you really don't need it these guys are tasty without it.
  • Serve with applesauce and green beans (picture from Whole Foods.com)

Artichoke turkey Panini's

Sourdough bread
turkey breast slices
Artichoke antipasto (Trader joe's-in a jar)
Havarti Cheese slices
Tomato
butter

  • heat a panini press or skillet until warm and add a little bit of butter or non-stick spray
  • On the bread spread a layer of the artichoke antipasto
  • layer with turkey, cheese, and tomato
  • grill until cheese is melted and bread is a little crispy
  • Serve with whatever you wish, I am doing baked beans (picture from Betty Crocker)

Pot Stickers

So this is one of those meals that I can't actually give you a recipe for because I cheat and just buy the frozen kind. I know they are WAY better if you make your own, but sorry I don't have time for that especially because I work the night before :) If you are feeling adventurous, let me know how it goes and if it is easy. I just buy trader joes chicken pot stickers, & Shu Mai and pan fry/stream them according to the directions and serve with brown rice and steamed broccoli.

BBQ Chicken Pizza

So I haven't made this but I was recommended this by my friend Sarah. It looks really easy and so good. If you don't feel like messing with your own dough, you can buy some from Trader Joe's already made for you. Picture and recipe from The Pioneer woman. Enjoy.


Asparagus Goat Cheese Lemon Pasta

Here is a yummy vegetarian dish and would work great with whole wheat pasta as well. Recipe and picture from Frugal Foodie Family.


Shopping List
Asparagus
crumbled goat cheese
yeast
chicken breast
bbq sauce
Fresh Mozzarella (A cube to slice)
Red onion
Cilantro
Spiral pasta
Pot stickers
Shu Mai
Turkey breast
baked beans
Sourdough bread
Artichoke Antipasto
Pork Lion
Apple Sauce
Green Beans
Panko bread crumbs
tomato

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try the pork loin and the pizza sweetheart...they look delicious! Thank you, appreciate the ideas!

    ReplyDelete