Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's a veggie kind of week


So I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, ours was filled with lots of celebrating and fun, but ended with my three year old falling face first from a zip-line. (Def. not my idea) OUCH! So she is a bit cut up and bruised but luckily she barely missed all of the rocks below. She fell 8 feet or so. Just grateful we didn't end up in the ER. Yay! for us. Anyways, enjoy.

Monday- Coconut Chicken or Coconut chicken salad (depending on your mood)
Tuesday- Big Italian Salad and Soup
Wednesday- Broiled Top Sirloin with Garlic Balsamic Asparagus
Thursday- Chicken Fajitas
Friday- Homemade Mac N Cheese

Coconut Chicken

So when I remembered this recipe, I forgot that it was actually the topping to a salad. Anyways, not sure if I am going to do a salad too, or just do the chicken and serve it with sides. Either way, it sure looks yummy. (Picture and recipe from Skinny Taste)

Big Italian Salad

I made this SUPER yummy salad for our family gathering this week and it was a huge hit. The dressing is very easy to make. I also added garbanzo beans to it as well. For dinner, I figure you can either add chicken or serve with Soup. Picture and recipe from Once Upon a Chef


Broiled Top Sirloin with Garlic Balsamic Asparagus

If you aren't accustomed to broiling things, it is really easy and a super fast way to cook fish and steak. Line your broiling pan with foil and non-stick spray. Season your steak with your favorite steak rub. From what I have read, try not to use too much salt when broiling as it tends to dry it out. Then just broil each side for a few minutes. The timing will depend on the thickness and how well you like your steak cooked. If you tend to overcook veggies when steaming them (ME), then roasting them is a great option. These asparagus usually get rave reviews, even from people who don't usually love asparagus. Picture and asparagus recipe from Our Best Bites.


Chicken Fajitas
(A yummy healthy version) Picture and recipe from the Food Network

I actually consider mac n cheese a food group, so thus you can eat it for a meal. At least I do. Recipe and picture from food.com



No comments:

Post a Comment