Sunday, November 20, 2011

The week of Thanksgiving!!


Oh, how I adore Thanksgiving. I really don't think it has much to do with the fact that I love to eat!! Really, who doesn't love all of the yumminess that comes with it? My favorites include; green bean casserole, and sweet potatoes with marshmallows. Of course the mashed potatoes too. Well enough about the yummy dinner that I am not even sure I get to eat this year (I have to work), and on to some easy dinners for the week. I went with mostly no brainers this week. The soup is the only one that really takes time to prepare, but it really is delicious. Enjoy!

Monday- Homemade Pizza
Tuesday- Chili Lime Chicken Tacos
Wednesday- Three Bean Pasta e Fagioli
Thursday- Thanksgiving....enjoy everyone!
Friday- Teriyaki chicken bowls


Homemade Pizza

Trader Joe's Garlic and Herb Pizza Dough (or make your own)
Pizza Sauce/marinara
Mozzarella cheese
Your favorite toppings (I used either ham/pineapple or zucchini and salami)

If you need a little guidance on how to make homemade pizza here is a tutorial from our best bites: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/06/cooking-class-pizza-101/
(Picture from our best bites)

Chili Lime Chicken Tacos

Chili Lime Chicken Burgers from Trader Joe's (In the frozen isle)
Corn tortillas
Avocado
Salsa

  • This is a recipe/picture is from the Trader Joe's website
  • Place all four patties on a non-stick pan and grill, crumbling the burgers as you go
  • Once cook serve in corn tortillas with your favorite toppings
  • I serve this with Cesar salad and black beans

Three Bean Pasta e Fagioli
This is one of my favorite soups. Who doesn't love Rachel Ray? I do, but her recipes always have too many ingredients for me. This one has more than I usually do, but a lot of it I usually have on hand (celery, onion, pasta, green beans etc). Try it, you won't be disappointed. Might I add that the lemon juice and zest is a must, as well as the cheese on top. Yum.

Teriyaki Chicken Bowls

(I got this recipe from my friend Jessica. I have been looking for a teriyaki bowl that tastes like one you would buy at a chicken bowl restaurant, this is pretty close.

1 cup rice (I use brown, but whatever you prefer)
broccoli
carrots
1 tbls vegetable oil
1 lb chicken cut in strips
1 cup teriyaki sauce (I used Soy Vay Teriyaki)
4 tbls light soy sauce
2 tsp rice vinegar
2 tbls cornstarch
  • Steam veggies
  • Cook rice
  • Mix cornstarch with equal parts water, then add to soy sauce, rice vinegar, and teriyaki sauce in a bowl
  • Brown chicken then add the teriyaki sauce until it thickens
  • Serve with veggies and rice

Shopping List

  • Pizza dough
  • pizza sauce
  • mozzerella cheese
  • toppings
  • Chili Lime Chicken burgers (TJ's)
  • Black beans
  • Corn tortillas
  • celery
  • onion
  • cannellini beans
  • garbonzo beans
  • green beans
  • lemon
  • onion
  • tomato paste
  • chicken broth
  • mini penne pasta
  • romano cheese
  • fresh parsley
  • chicken
  • broccoli
  • carrots
  • teriyaki sauce

1 comment:

  1. Oh I forgot you were doing this!!!! I hate trying to come up with things to cook!

    You have to try Alton Browns Green Bean Casserole! You'll never make the canned version again! (I still use the canned fried onions, because I'm lazy and making my own onions just isn't that important!)

    ReplyDelete