Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oh wow, it is December this week!

Is anyone else amazed and overwhelmed that it is December this week! I really have no clue where November went. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, we certainly did. I hope all of you are enjoying these posts, if you are can you let me know what recipes you liked and didn't so I know. Also if there is anything I can change that would make it easier for you to use the site. Anyways, enjoy.

Monday- Shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches
Tuesday- Mexican Rice bake
Wednesday- Pasta Bake
Thursday- Creamy Baked Chicken Taquitos
Friday- Fridge Frittata

Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

Buns
Chicken (frozen or fresh)
BBQ sauce
Sweet Onion

This is pretty basic but here is the link in case you need a little tutorial :)
Recipe and picture from Food.com

Mexican Rice Bake

This is one of my new favorite meals. It looks a bit like a jumbled mess, but wow it sure is delicious when you put it all together. You really don't need anything else with it, but a salad may be nice too. Also, I did used sour cream and not the yogurt, but I am sure it is good either way. (Recipe and picture from Frugal Foodie Family)



Pasta Bake

1 onion
3 garlic cloves
zucchini, chopped
1, 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 Tblsp. Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. sugar
cooked shredded chicken
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 pkg. fresh tortellini (cheese, or chicken)
(This recipe is courtesy of my friend Suzi)

  • Boil fresh tortellini and set aside
  • Saute onion and garlic
  • Add zucchini and saute until tender, but not soft
  • Add crushed tomatoes
  • Add all seasonings
  • Add shredded chicken, stir until warm
  • line fresh pasta in a 13X9 greased dish
  • Pour tomato mixture over the top and top with cheese
  • Bake at 350 degree's for 20 minutes


Creamy Chicken taquitos

(Recipe and picture from Our Best Bites)
This is one of my favorite recipes from them. Two things, the course salt is key and these are not so good reheated)




Fridge Fritatta

So I call this the fridge fritatta because it is really made from whatever you have in your fridge. I am going to give you what I normally throw in there in case you want an idea

Spinach
diced ham
Shredded Cheese (desired amount)
red pepper
4 eggs
milk
one slice of sourdough bread (diced)

  • Saute spinach. and red pepper in some olive oil in an 8 inch skillet
  • In a separate bowl scramble the eggs and add a splash of milk
  • Next add ham, cheese, and bread to the mixture
  • Pour mixture in skillet and place in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until set. You don't want to over cook it though, so watch it well.
  • Make sure your skillet is oven safe, as some are not!

1 comment:

  1. Those taquitos look delicious! I think I'll give those a try.
    One other thing I like to try in fritattas is bacon. I love the crunch and the flavor it adds.
    Looks like a tasty menu planned for your family!

    ReplyDelete