Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sorry....but it is comfort food week

So when I was making my weekly grocery list I guess I may have been a bit cold. We are eating a little less healthy this week, so I apologize for that, but hopefully they will all be tasty. So I have been getting great feedback that people are enjoying the website!! I am so glad that people seem to actually be using it. Please keep up the comments and especially let me know how you liked the food and if you have any suggestions for menu ideas.

Monday- Bandera's Macho Salad
Tuesday- Baked Potato Soup
Wednesday- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
Thursday- Honey Lime Enchiladas
Friday- Meatball Sandwiches

Bandera's Macho Salad

Picture and Recipe from Frugal Foodie Family. So even though this salad is NOT lowfat, it looks so yummy. I figured with the rest of the recipes this week, I def. needed some greens too. This recipe calls for dates, but I think I am going to use raisins instead (I just couldn't bring myself to buy dates) :) PREMAKE Corn bread for this recipe.



Baked Potato Soup

I have always wanted to make baked potato soup and I have to admit, I never have. I thought this recipe sounded good (Of course because it is from Our Best Bites). I hope it turns out tasty for everyone. Picture also from Our Best Bites. Serve with remaining corn bread from last night.



Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
(Picture from Tasty Recipes.com)

Chicken Drumsticks (however many will feed your family)
a bottle of BBQ sauce (whatever your favorite is)
You can serve this with rice and a veggie or whatever you like

  • Place drumsticks in crock pot
  • Pour BBQ sauce over the top
  • Cook on low for 4 hours


Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
(Recipe courtesy of my friend Amy, picture from All Recipes)

4-6 TBS honey
5 TBS lime juice
1TBS chili powder (sprinkle on chicken)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 lb. chicken cooked and shredded( about 3 breasts)
8-10 flour tortillas
1 lb. Monterey jack cheese, shredded
16 oz. green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream

  • Mix the first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken
  • MARINATE for at least 30 minutes
  • Preheat oven at 350 degrees
  • Pour 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in a 9 x 13 greased pan
  • Fill tortillas with chicken and cheese (reserve sauce from chicken)
  • Mix the remainder of the enchilada sauce with cream, and marinade and pour on top of enchiladas
  • Sprinkle with remainder of cheese
  • Bake for 20- 30 minutes until brown on top

Meatball Sandwiches

So I am cheating this week an getting the frozen turkey meatballs from TJ's, but if you are up for making your own this week, here is a link to some. I serve this with a salad and a few potato chips. Picture from All Recipes.

Frozen turkey meatballs
Rolls
Mozzarella
Marinara Sauce



Shopping List

Avocado
goat cheese
Roma tomatoes
Roasted Almonds
Corn
Dates or Raisins
Corn Bread mix
Chicken Drumsticks
Chicken Broth
Baked Potatoes
Sour Cream
Bacon
Green Onions
Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese
Rolls
Chips
Lettuce
Limes
flour Tortillas
Heavy Cream
Chicken
BBQ sauce
Green Enchilada sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment