Sunday, April 15, 2012

The week of April 16th

I hope everyone had a great two weeks. I was really busy with Easter, working and my daughter's first birthday. Fun times. Here are some new recipes :)

Monday- Apricot chicken
Tuesday- Zucchini Enchiladas
Wednesday- Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Pasta in a Lemon Cream Sauce
Thursday- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Friday- Cobb Salad

Apricot Chicken

So for this one I couldn't decide which one I was going to try. There are lots of recipes for apricot chicken, most of which are made with french dressing. Neither of these contain that in case you were curious. Picture is from Olive Garden.com


Coconut version: http://penniesonaplatter.com/2011/03/09/coconut-chicken-with-apricot-sauce/ This one looks so tasty and easy as well.
Cheesy Zucchini Enchiladas
Recipe and Picture from Skinny Taste


Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Pasta in a Lemon Cream Sauce
Recipe and Picture from Our Best Bites

For those of you who love the Guiltless Alfredo (Me,Me), here is another twist on it.

So I have posted this one before, but I realized after I did that I really told you the recipe wrong.....Oops.

1 Jar Sweet and Sour Sauce (I use Trader Joe's Sweet Chili Sauce)
Fresh Pineapple with juice or 1 can diced pineapple
1 red pepper, diced
1 cup FROZEN green beans
3 T. soy sauce
3 T. Brown Sugar
1 bag frozen turkey meatballs
Brown Rice

  • In a slow cooker a add the Sweet and sour sauce, meatballs, soy sauce, red pepper, brown sugar, and pineapple and mix together.
  • Cook on low for four hours
  • About 30 minutes prior to when you are going to eat add the frozen green beans. If you use fresh, they will just wilt.
  • Serve over brown rice.
Cobb Salad

So I still have lots of left over hard boiled eggs.....Picture from Simply Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment