Sunday, February 12, 2012

Living out of an ice chest

So this morning we discovered that our fridge was warm :( It could be a lot worse, as we all know. But for someone who cooks a lot, it really is an inconvenience. I am hoping to get someone out to fix it soon so we don't have to keep replacing the ice. This is the third time our fridge has gone out and it would make sense for us to get a new one, except this is a newer, more expensive fridge! So frustrating. The good news is that we cover it under our home warranty so it only costs us $55 to fix it. Anyways, I hope you find something to your liking.

Monday- Beef Stroganoff
Tuesday- Panera Bread's Fuji Apple Chicken Salad
Wednesday- Quick and Easy Noodle Stir Fry
Thursday- Teriyaki Chicken Bowls
Friday-Chicken Quesadillas

Beef Stroganoff

This is one of my husband's favorite meals and I have made several different recipes and this is my favorite. Who doesn't love Paula Deen? Picture from Chaos in the Kitchen.

Panera Bread's Fuji Apple Chicken Salad

This is one of my favorite salads from Panera Bread and I believe one of their most popular. This is a knock off version but seems fairly easy to make.


Quick and Easy Noodle Stir-Fry

These look yummy and easy. Picture and recipe from of course Our best bites.

Teriyaki Chicken Bowls

So this is a repeat, but so my family loves them.

1 cup rice (I use brown, but whatever you prefer)
broccoli
carrots
1 tbls vegetable oil
1 lb chicken cut in strips
1 cup teriyaki sauce (I used Soy Vay Teriyaki)
4 tbls light soy sauce
2 tsp rice vinegar
2 tbls cornstarch
  • Steam veggies
  • Cook rice
  • Mix cornstarch with equal parts water, then add to soy sauce, rice vinegar, and teriyaki sauce in a bowl
  • Brown chicken then add the teriyaki sauce until it thickens
  • Serve with veggies and rice
Chicken Quesadillas

So this one is really open-ended according to your liking. In ours I usually do:

Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
Shredded Chicken
Black Beans
Red onion
Corn
Cilantro
Top it with Guacamole and Salsa
Even Fresh Veggies would be great in it too!



No comments:

Post a Comment