Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Week of February 27th

Two things I am SO thankful for this week are: antibiotics and a working fridge! Yes people, we are back in business. I am feeling like new again thanks to the meds and my food is no longer soaking wet and hard to find in an ice chest. Anyways, enjoy this weeks picks. I hope you are doing well.

Monday- Chicken and Asparagus Stuffed Crepes
Tuesday- Carne Asada Tacos
Wednesday- Broccoli and Beef Pasta in the Slow Cooker
Thursday- Feta and Herb Stuffed Chicken
Friday- Berry Breakfast Crepes (with the leftovers you made)

Chicken and Asparagus Stuffed Crepes

Picture and recipe from Food Network
So this recipe calls for store bought crepes, but those are just not up to par for me. I make my own. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/basic-crepes/ Make sure to make enough that you have leftovers for a recipe later in the week. Hey, if you are going to go through all the trouble of making your own crepes, you may as well as use it for two different recipes.

So I cheated and bought pre-marinated carne asada (Trader Joes). My husband just grilled it up and we served it with tortillas, fresh salsa, black beans and cheese. If you need some guidance on how to marinate and do it yourself her is a link : http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Carne-Asada-Tacos/

Broccoli and Beef Pasta in the Slow Cooker

Picture and Recipe from Crock Pot.com
So this week I am getting my haircut around dinner time so enter my favorite thing: the crock pot! http://www.crock-pot.com/Recipe.aspx?rid=188

Feta and Herb Stuffed Chicken

Picture and recipe from Frugal Foodie Family
Berry Breakfast Crepes
My uncle Greg makes these for me when I go visit and they are wonderful. Picture from All Recipes.

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cream cheese
Strawberries
Blueberries
Maple Syrup
Powdered Sugar
Lemon Juice

  • Mix together sour cream and cream cheese- set aside
  • Spread 2-3 T. into crepe
  • Top with Berries and roll up
  • Top with a drizzle of maple syrup, powdered sugar and a squeeze of lemon, more berries if desired.

1 comment: