Sunday, March 25, 2012

The week of March 25th

So I hope someone else enjoyed last weeks steak and veggies with me. This week I am making a creamy chive chicken (low fat) which come highly recommended to me. Looking forward to trying that. Enjoy this weeks picks.

Monday- Twice Baked Potatoes and Tomato Soup
Tuesday- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce
Wednesday-Mexican Rice Bake
Thursday- Turkey Burgers with Baked Zucchini Fries
Friday- Baked Ziti with Chicken

Twice Baked Potatoes
Recipe and Picture from Simply Recipes
Twice Baked Potatoes more than anything she cooked, remind me of my mom. I don't think any potato I have ever made has compared with hers. Maybe she just used lots of yummy butter and sour cream. You can make these as low fat as you want by using fat-free sour cream and milk, no butter, bacon and light cheese. Here is a link to a few different versions. I add broccoli to mine sometimes to get a veggie in there as well. Either way, there is just something about the TWICE BAKED part that is so good. http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/twice_baked_potatoes/

Sauteed Chicken Breast with Creamy Chive Sauce
Recipe and picture from Eating Well
So like I said, my friend said this is so tasty it is from Eating Well, so I thought I would give it a try. I am serving this with asparagus and orzo pasta like they suggested and of course the leftover wine from the recipe. :)
Mexican Rice Bake
I know I make this all of the time, but I bet most of you still haven't tried it :)
Recipe and picture from Frugal Foodie Family

Turkey Burgers and Baked Zucchini Fries
Recipe and picture from Our Best Bites
I love zucchini fries and they remind my of my sister who used to love dipping the fried version in ranch dressing. Here is a healthier version and a way for your kids to get some more veggies in.

Baked Ziti with Chicken
Recipe and picture from 101 cooking for two
Enough said, simple, tasty and easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment